Coconut Creme, it is a great replacement for yogurt for breakfast. (makes 8 servings, or less if you gobble it down!)
- meat from 3 young thai coconuts (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice and add lemon zest (I like to add a few drops of YL lemon oil)
- 2 TBS coconut butter
- 2 TBS Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds (benefits)
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, scrap seeds,discard pod
- 1/8 tsp salt
- coconut water- add enough to make a nice liquid consistency. the chia seeds will thicken the mixture
- optional: add 1/4 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix, blend for a few minutes or until very smooth.
- Cover and place into the fridge.
- Serve by topping with fresh blueberries. Make it like fruit on the bottom type yogurts an drizzle some True Grit NingXia Berry Syrup™. learn more
Tartlets (optional) but this makes it a great desert!
- 2.25 cups almond flour
- .25 tsp salt- heaping
- .75 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- .25 Cup+ 2 Tbsp oil (used coconut butter or oil)
- 1.5 TBS water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients and form a crumbly dough using a spatula.
- Press equal amounts of dough into greased tartlet pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or serve raw. Both ways are delicious!
- Carefully remove tarts from oven and onto a cooling rack and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (this helps with the removal of the tarts from the pans)
- Carefully invert a pan in your hand and using a spoon tap the back of pan until the tart pops out into your hand. **THESE TARTS ARE VERY FRAGILE SO BE CAREFUL WHILE WORKING WITH THEM.
- Spoon the vanilla filling into each tart shell and top with seasonal berries.
* I oiled parchment paper and put it in the bottom of muffin top pans, they came out beautifully or use tartlets paper liners.
* To make this vanilla instead of lemon- replace lemon juice with coconut water. the lemon flavor is mild, so you can add anything to it that you like.