Seriously, These will rock your world!!
I have become completely obsessed by finding recipes for treats that are GOOD for me. Who knew it was possible, but it is! my very favorite ingredients for sweet treats that aren’t terribly sweet are: almond flour, cashews, raw honey, coconut meat, coconut oil, cocoa powder, dates, maple syrup, and dark chocolate, vanilla, fresh vanilla beans, to name a few. You would be so surprised how much deliciousness can be made with these simple ingredients!!
- 1 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (or kick it up and use cocao)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda (non aluminum)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 16 oz dark chocolate (68-72% cocao) chopped
- 1/3 cup EVOO (extra virgin Olive oil)
- 4 eggs, organic
- 2/3 cup maple syrup, grade B
- 2/3 cup maple sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar (lower GI and less processed!)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops peppermint oil (Young Living is recommended for its purity)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×12 pyrex dish with foil. Be sure that it covers bottom then up the sides, use 2 pieces overlapping if needed. Lightly oil the foil.
2. Mix first 5 ingredients together with a whisk.
3. put half the chocolate in a bowl and set over a pot of water. Heat. Be sure that bowl is pyrex or can take the heat! Stir often, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, add the olive oil while whisking.
4. Whisk eggs until frothy. Slowly add the maple syrup, maple sugar, all while continuing to stir with a whisk. Add the vanilla. Then SLOWLY add the chocolate, while continuing to stir until smooth and glossy.
5. Now add the flour mixture and beat for about a minute. Stir in the rest of the chopped chocolate and peppermint oil.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. (I prefer to under cook a little!) Leave in the pan to cool to room temperature. Cover and stick in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing.
These freeze wonderfully!